What should I know before I start using my Ruffoni cookware?
- Never heat the pot empty – always add water, oil, butter or a fat of your choice, before turning on the flame.
- Cook on low/medium heat and adjust the temperature as you go – high temperatures are not necessary and can damage your copper cookware.
- Do not exceed 450 F (230 C), or 430 F (220 C) if the copper is tin-lined.
- Match the size of your cookware with the size of the burner – do not extend the flame beyond the diameter of the cookware.
- Avoid scratching the inside of your cookware with metal utensils or scouring pads – use wood, plastic or silicon tools.
- All our cookware can be used in the oven — do not exceed 450 F (230 C), or 430 F (220 C) if the copper is tin-lined.
- Always use oven mitts as handles and finials, especially those made of bronze, can get hot.
- Do not store leftovers in your cookware – use cookware to prepare and serve your meals at the table, then transfer any leftovers to an appropriate storage container and wash and dry the pan as per instructions